Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Kool-Aid

This weekend I, myself, made my favorite drink of all time. This drink takes me way back. This drink is called, Kool-Aid. I can remember the first time i had ever took a sip of this magnificent beverage. My love for Kool-Aid started when i was around three or four years old. I was at the park with my aunt, grandmother, and mom, having a fun Summer day of play. Within a couple of minuets of play, I had gotten really thirsty. I told my aunt this, and that's when my love for Kool-Aid all began. She pulled this little plastic bottle with a purple liquid out of her icy cooler. I took one sip of that drink and realized i had been missing out my whole life! Which was only three or four years but still. Through out the years i never really stopped drinking it. Even to this day I still drink this one in a kind drink. I have to give my grandma credit for never letting me go to her house and not ever having Kool-Aid available for me to drink. She is the one who kept this drink in my life for so long. Every time I would go to her house she would make me my favorite flavor of Kool-Aid, which has always been grape. Here i am now, older, more grown up, I can make my own Kool-Aid. And no, i am not talking about the kind of Kool-Aid you hear about at parties. I guarantee you i make the best Kool-Aid you would ever have your taste buds taste. Whenever i drink my Kool-Aid, the nostalgia and memories kick in of me at the park where i had learned about this drink. Let me explain to you how i make this drink so good. First, I gather together a pitcher,a giant spoon, a pack of Kool-Aid, preferably grape, and a nearby sink. I start with filling the pitcher up with lukewarm water. This step is important because if you mix the powder with cold water the Kool-Aid mix wont mix as easy because the cold isn't allowing the powder particles to move as freely, thus not as good tasting Kool-Aid. So make sure the water is lukewarm. Second, you put the powder into the pitcher of lukewarm water. When your pouring the powder, make sure you do it in a circular motion. This helps make the Kool-Aid seem more special. Its more of a traditional kind of thing. Next, you stir the water and powder together with that giant spoon i told you to get. When your mixing the Kool-Aid, try to do it in a rhythm. This magically make the Kool-Aid, taste and smell better. Now, you are ready to enjoy. Pour the Kool-Aid into a glass and drink it slowly. If you enjoy it cold make sure you add some ice. If you are to lazy to go through all of my steps, you can just go to the nearest Wal-Mart and by the plastic bottled kind.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how you brought back the memories of childhood with this post! I can remember loving the grape and strawberry Kool Aid which left me wearing the classic "Kool Aid Mustache!" Even though I am a mother of 3, I haven't thought of this beverage in years. We try to avoid the added sugar (hyperness) in our household. However, after being reminded I think I may go buy a package or two and let my kids have a taste of this memory!

    ReplyDelete