Friday, January 24, 2014

Linken Log

A linken log is the joy of a lot of children. Growing up i played with them as well as a bunch of other children did. How can some little piece of wood cause so much joy and help grow a childs imagination? I was always limited to what i could build when playing as a young child because the amount of linken logs i had were very small. My favorite thing to build with linken logs was always houses. I used to get my GI Joe and put it in the house pretending that it was his house. When all was said amd done i would always get so much joy knocking down the house i would spend a total of ten minuets making. I sometimes wonder who came up with such a simple, yet brilliant idea of a toy. I have always been more of a legos fan but hey, linkn logs were easier to access in my house. I always remember loving the smell of the linken logs. As wierd as a little kid i was i would always smell them. The only annoying thing i could remember about playuing with linken logs was sometimes i couldnt find the right piece to lay across amother bigger or sdmaller piece. Sometimes we need to go back to our childhoood and realize how the simple things always held our attention. Just to think thast the famous linken log was just a little chunk of wood makes me laugh. I wish we could have a class period one day designated to building something and being able to show that something off. My mind is trying to find things to write on about this simple piece of wood but it is getting difficult. i hope that one day me and linken logs will cross paths again so i could enjoy them for one last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment